Sunday 9 February 2014

Crafty update

At long last a little ta-dah for the cushion I was knitting - started back in November no less! I actually finished the knitting and stitched it up a while ago - but just could not find the buttons I bought for it. I must have put them somewhere safe in the tidy up for Christmas. Anyway, I have put four temporary buttons on for now - I'm sure the six I bought especially for the cushion will turn up sometime.


I love it, I'm really pleased with how it has turned out!
My sock knitting has been a bit slow, I'm still on the first sock but I have turned the heel so feel as if I'm getting there now! I do like the way the colours are turning out.
I've also been busy with a little needle felting. I was given some lovely blankets a while ago and have been wanting to make something with them (they are a bit damaged in places so I don't mind re-purposing them). I was inspired by Sweet Birdy Love, who makes amazing things from old  blankets - she is a wizard with free machine embroidery and appliqué - but I go very wonky very quickly if I try that - so I decided to needle felt instead. 
Not finished yet but slowly getting there. 

9 comments:

  1. You've been very busy,, Jily. The cushion cover is gorgeous. I love the colours you've used. The needle felting is very quirky and colourful.
    Have a great week.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui. The needle felted piece is for a friend - I still have to make it into the finished article….

      Delete
  2. The cushion is so pretty Jilly, I like the way that the colours blend together, so lovely. Your socks look great too! Hope that you have a fun needle felty week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love my cushion - one for the new house! (eventually - hopefully by Christmas)

      Delete
  3. The cushion is lovely! Love the colours and the zig zag design.
    Oh so cute, that little felted Aga (or is is a Rayburn?)
    Will keep a look out to when you have done some more...
    Keep busy, J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J. It is an Aga, but I've put an extra door in :-( I need to adjust it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jilly just popped by from Helens blog - love your needle felting x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for dropping by, hope to see you again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This all looks wonderful. Your cushion turned out beautifully and that needle felting is adorable!

    ReplyDelete