Friday 27 September 2013

BBQ and Tomatoes

We had our first BBQ of the year on June 1st, and have probably just had out last for this year this evening. We have had a really lovely warm sunny day today, so on the spur of the moment we thought we would have a BBQ for supper tonight.

 I was sitting waiting for the sun to go down to catch the sunset - but my stomach called so have missed it at its best!
 We have had a good crop of veg from the garden this year - lots of courgettes, french beans, broad beans etc. However, I think I planted my tomato seeds a little late - as although they have grown well and lots of tomatoes have formed they are still looking rather green. I'm hoping the recent warm spell will just push them into ripening - or else I will be making lots of green tomato chutney this year!
I tried two varieties - a small plum shaped one ( I can't remember the name of it) and also tried to grow the big beef type tomatoes that we love to eat in France. I think I bought these seeds from the Eden Project when I visited, and have grown them in the greenhouse where they have actually done very well....
.... we just need a little more sunshine so they will ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment