Friday 3 January 2014

View from my Window - December

Well, this is the end of my years journey across the seasons looking at the view from my window. As I have said before I love this view, the way the light is always changing, the anticipation of the changes in the seasons - so this year I have tried to capture it all. Just one years worth for me to keep and look back on.


This month has been a bit of a blur, what with all the Christmas preparations and me going away on holiday for a week. I seem to remember it being a very dark wet and windy month, but looking at the photos I have taken, it seems I picked some good days! Above are early in the month, then I was away in France for a week skiing with my dear friends (more about that in a later post - so many to catch up on!)
Christmas Eve was very misty and wet here, and the ground is really quite saturated…...
……. Christmas morning was lovely and bright with blue sky…...
….... and the last day of 2013 was lovely and sunny for a good part of the day, showing my lovely view in all its winter glory.

We have just started of 10th year living in this beautiful part of the country, and one of the reasons I was so keen to capture the view is that we are about to embark on a journey - a journey of renovating and extending an old red sandstone two up two down farmhouse into a three bedroom with new living space downstairs old farmhouse. This new journey will start this year, the plans have been passed and hopefully the building work will begin soon. I will miss this lovely view - but it will take a while for all the building work and renovation to take place - and I will learn to love the new view, natures beauty with ensure that! Exciting times ahead this new year.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting adventure you have ahead. Good luck with all the building work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Exciting times, but I'm sure it will be a little stressful at times! We have put a lot of thought into it all, so hopefully things will go well! xx

      Delete