Wednesday 4 December 2013

Quilt and Knitting update

I've been busy as a bee, and have now finished all the blocks for the red and white quilt. I did take a while to decide which fabrics to use and in the end came down with this mix, each block has mostly the same eight red fabrics, but in different positions - and just to mix it up a little I've just swapped a couple of different red fabrics in. All will be revealed when the top is complete!
 
I've never added sashing and cornerstones into a quilt before, so I've been on a bit of a learning curve. I found a really good tutorial here and it seems to have worked well for me.

 I've also taken time to do a little more knitting for my Chevy the Chevron cushion, which is slowly growing - hopefully it will be ready for Xmas!

6 comments:

  1. Both your quilt and cushion are looking lovely, looking forward to seeing them when they are finished! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time of year its trying to fit everything in, but they are coming along nicely. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the cushion. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is taking priority at the moment, amongst all the other Christmassy things going on - but it will get finished!

      Delete
  3. I have a soft spot for redwork and yours looks really great with all of your quilt fabrics.
    Your knitting seems to be progressing well - I do love that idea of striping with a varigated and a solid, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking the way the pattern is developing with the cushion, its just taking ages to finish when I'm just picking it up every now and then. x

    ReplyDelete