Friday 21 September 2012

Project finished!

After starting a new project at the beginning of the month, and having to keep it a secret - or at least not giving away too much, it is now finished and has been presented to the new owner!

Happy 21st birthday Ellie!


I was asked by my good friend Catherine if I would make a quilt for her daughter's 21st birthday. I was delighted to do so, and have been beavering away to get it completed for her birthday which was yesterday.

Earlier in the month, Catherine and I had an enjoyable trip to the fabric store, where she chose the material and we made plans for the quilt. With lots of stripes, checks and dots it was technically challenging for me to keep everything looking straight, so I was very pleased with the final outcome.









a bit of a blur as the quilt is unwrapped!


looking good!
Tomorrow we are going to a family and friends birthday celebration - I just hope the weather stays dry!





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt, I bet she was delighted with it. Stripes are not the easiest of things to work with but you've done a great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She was delighted, so was her mum!

      Delete