Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cake time!

We had a wee celebration at our house recently, it was my birthday! A very low key event these days, but rather lovely with friends invited for supper on the eve before, and the girls and J all at home on the day - and of course cake! Yummy blueberry cake from the Hummingbird Cookbook, which is now becoming a firm favourite in our family.




Beautiful flowers - a gift from my good friend C, cut from her garden and arranged so beautifully in a lovely mossy terracotta pot

On the crafty front I was given knitting books to keep me busy over the winter! The socks are so gorgeous, and the patterns can be mix and matched, so an endless book of fun. The same with the knitted blocks, new stitches to learn and combinations to make a blanket. Both of these books will give me lots of inspiration and keep me busy at knit and natter! I also have a crochet workshop to look forward to in October, a great gift from the girls.


A really lovely relaxed weekend with family and good friends, who could have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment