Friday 25 May 2012

Just waiting for the sun!

Here in the UK we are having a little sunshine and good weather at the moment. It makes such a change to be able to go out without a coat! and to be able to sit in the garden - and look at all the things that need to be done! One of the things that I had just done in time for this lovely weather, was to clean up the bench and re oil it, so now we have a much cleaner bench to sit on in the shade and enjoy a cuppa!



The warmth has also bought some of the flowers out and we now have some magnificent red poppies which grow a little wild in the garden. They have such papery petals, so thin but bright poppy red, its a shame they only last such a short time.


But more exciting news, as I looked out of the kitchen window this morning whilst making my morning cup of tea, I saw a wonderful sight. The Dales Ponies in the field behind the cottage have produced their foals - I glance out most mornings to see how they all are, and this morning there at the far end of the field were two little foals. I'm sure the warm weather has helped their arrival! At lunch time, I took my camera and tried to get a little closer so I could take some photos. Still a little wobbly on their legs, but they are beautiful, and still very shy. However, I'm sure it wont be long before they come up to the kitchen window and look in!



I have lots of other news to catch up with, but I have had problems loading my photos - I will persevere!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to look out your kitchen window and see the new ponies in the field.

    ReplyDelete