Thursday 31 May 2012

blossom, bluebells and bunting

It is just so lovely to be outside in the sunshine. J and I went to his mums, we cut the grass and tidied the garden a little and it was so nice to be able to sit out and have a cuppa.  The crab apple tree in the garden was covered in blossom and looking really grand. We stood and looked and listened and the sound of the bees rushing from flower to flower was incredibly noisy.




 I'm so hoping there will be a good crop this year and I can make crab apple jelly again. Last year I made many jars gave them as gifts to friends and family, but now we are down to our last jar so I'm trying to save that for just a little longer. I think J may want to make some wine this year, but I'm sure there will be enough crab apples to go around!



The bluebell wood near our home has been rather disappointing this year. I keep hoping that there will be the usual blue carpet, but I think all the rain and wind earlier in the month has upset their growth. However, although a little later than usual,  looking up on the hill behind the cottage the field known locally as the 'Cathedral' has now come into bloom and is looking fantastic. A bluebell field!

and just look at that blue sky....


.....  and catching the evening light


That view is a real treat that I look forward to each year, the blue is so intense it is really amazing.

Other news, I had a stall at a small craft fair recently, which was fun!  I had a little Jubilee theme going on with some bunting!



I seem to have solved my problem with up loading photos, so I have a rush of postings to catch up on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment