Monday 27 July 2015

Potfest in the Park 2015

I can't believe how fast the time is flying by…. it hardly seems a year since I went with a friend to Potfest last July. Potfest in the Park started back in 2001 in the grounds of a beautiful country house at Hutton-in-the-Forest, a few miles outside of Penrith. If interested you can read more about it here.

We arrived quite late in the afternoon , so had a quick whizz around. Just a few photos to show some of the variety….
This little plaque took my eye, with a knitting theme!
A general view with the tented stands and a view to the house
 Large pots…...
and sculptured ceramics.
I think I prefer to have practical pots, things for eating or drinking from, or to use when cooking. Last year I bought the spotty mug, and I was hoping that the same potters would be there so I could add to it and maybe start a bit of a collection. Yes, they were there and in the same spot as last year so easy to find! This time I bought another mug…...
and a bowl - to use for my morning porridge (there is porridge under all that fruit!)
 So my collection has grown…. I really love the blue/yellow colours


Hopefully they will be back again next year.

2 comments:

  1. What a great thing to go to! I love your mugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I really love the mug with the oak leaves. Handmade is always a real treat. xx

    ReplyDelete