Saturday 10 January 2015

Fingerless gloves now finished - and other yarny projects

I managed to finish the cream coloured fingerless gloves to give to my friend as a christmas gift - but forgot in my rush to take a final photo. I bought the pattern on line from Churchmouse yarns and used alpaca dk wool and as suggested added little shell buttons on the cuffs. I did add a little extra length to the cuffs just to make sure they would tuck under the sleeves of a jacket, as I hate it if there is a little gap.


Then I continued to finished the first pair - the ones I had started when I was trying to work out the pattern. This pair were to be a birthday present for another friend!

I have another knitting project to complete - the jumper that I started last year, but had to pull back and start again as I just didn't have enough yarn to finish the very last few rows. I would like to get this finished now before I start anything else. 
Then I have a couple of exciting projects to start! I had two lovely yarny gifts from the girls for Christmas. The 'Cottage ripple blanket' pack by Lucy from Attic 24 - I can't wait to get started on this! but I think it will be a bit of a longer term project …...
….. and also something quite different for me - some lovely fluffy Sidar Snuggly yarn and a pattern to knit a teddy bear. I think this will test my concentration, but the idea is that it will be a gift for a new baby due around easter time to my nephew and his partner. 
So I'd better get a move on!!

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely things! I hope that you enjoy the ripple, I am on the border of my ripple with another pack of Lucy's colours. The teddy bear look as though it will be great and those gloves are just fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to starting the ripple blanket, I made a little sample when I was ill just to try the pattern and I think I should be able to manage. I hope the teddy bear works out - we shall see! x

      Delete