Thursday 4 December 2014

At last, I'm able to finish a couple of 'work in progress' projects

A little more creative energy this week - thank goodness! I am beginning to feel a little better now and have taken an interest in doing things again as I get stronger.

I bought this fabric last year, it is a furnishing fabric called Rooster. (not sure who the designer is) I intended to make my friend a tote bag with it as she has chickens and has lots of 'chickeny' things around her home. I ran out of time….

…… but have come across the fabric again, so matched it up with some red gingham, and some fabric I had which looks like little eggs.
I have now made her a tote bag with a gingham lining and internal pocket, with a red trim around the  inside and on the over the shoulder handles. Work in progress 1 completed!
Next, I started knitting these socks way back in February. They have been sitting in my knitting bag for ages just waiting for me to graft the toes using the Kitchener stitch. I always need to concentrate when doing this stitch, so tend to wait till I have have finished both socks and can sit quietly, with my crib sheet next to me, and work through the last stitches.
I bought this yarn at Woolfest 2013, I can't find the yarn band now so have no idea where the yarn came from - but I love the way the colours fade into each other.
Cosy socks for Christmas - work in progress 2 completed!
However, I still have a few more WIP's  to finish - hope the energy keeps coming…..

3 comments:

  1. I love the bags and your socks too - they look very cozy indeed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same wool and knitted some socks from it too!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics are gorgeous, a lovely bag combination! Your socks are so bright and cosy and such lovely colours
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete