Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas cards for friends

Having little energy at the moment, due to my illness, I have not been able to get out to buy cards this year. I had a look on the internet for charity cards, but the ones I liked had sold out, perhaps predictably - so I thought I would have a go at making some lino print cards myself. There is plenty of inspiration on the web, so after spending far too much time searching I came up with a design idea. I have had the lino cutting tools for ages, but not had a go - so the ideal opportunity!
I wanted to use a peace dove image with a folk art feel on the cards. After making the design, I cut it out and stuck it onto a piece of wood, so I could use it as a stamp using some poster paints I already had. 
 I thought the detail would be too fine to show when printed, but it seems to have come out ok. I just need to experiment a bit more to get the pressure even when I print them.
 The other little birds at the bottom of the above photo are a carved wooden block I bought at the quilt festival last year - not sure if they are guinea fowl or turkeys, but thought they might look fun in a line running across the bottom of a card also.

Hope you have had an fun week.

1 comment: