Saturday 12 July 2014

Summer garden tour

I was very undecided about what to do with the garden this year. Should I plant vegetables or not? as we are still all up in the air with the new house renovation project, not knowing if we would be here or moved. As it is we are still here in our little cottage in the country. In the end I decided that I would plant seeds - so now everything is a little late - but is catching up with all this beautiful weather we have been having. So this is a little tour of the garden….

 The veg plot first, we have runner beans just coming into flower…..
…… french beans, just about ready to pick (you can just see one peaking at the bottom of the photo)...
 
…… butternut squash, just flowering so I'm hoping they will fruit.
 In the greenhouse we have cucumbers……..
…… lots of big beef tomatoes. I grew these last year and they were so good to eat. I have also planted lots of herbs and some purple sprouting broccoli seeds and leeks.
 
My fig tree, a present for my birthday last year, is now outside and is really enjoying the sunshine...
 
look, just one of many figs!!
 I didn't grow any bedding plants from seed, but bought some as bedding plants this year, so the baskets and pots around the house are all very similar looking.
 I love the blues and whites as they are so vibrant around dusk when they show up really well.


I'm glad I did made the effort, as it would have been so bare without the bright flowers, and it's so good to be able to pick fresh veg from the garden. 

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you decided to plant as everything does indeed seem to be doing really well and your flowers look very pretty indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I'm looking forward to picking the veg, I just love to walk out into the garden and have fresh veg for supper. x

      Delete
  2. Figs! When will they be ready?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think they will be ready late August/early September - so you may miss out on the tasting!

      Delete
    2. :'( you'll have to post me some. squishy.

      Delete