Sunday 20 July 2014

Quick supper

I'm always on the lookout for quick evening meals, especially after a day working at the house renovation project! We have worked hard all day and then drive home and usually, but not always, haven't prepared anything to eat. This is one recipe however that is quick and easy and takes only a short time to cook.  It is a Delia recipe - Caribbean Chicken with Salsa. It actually comes from the Delia how to Cheat at Cooking book, but I tend to use the fresh ingredients, as it really doesn't make that much difference to time it takes to make.

I have changed the recipe a little bit, I tend to cut the chicken into strips or pieces rather than leave on the bone so it cooks a little quicker.  I also make the salsa with a mango and chop it up myself, and roast my peppers in strips under a hot grill, rather than buy them ready prepared. I can now pick coriander fresh from the greenhouse as well!

The tastes are lovely together - the salsa so fresh and fruity and zesty and the chicken delicious!
Eaten with some fresh 'Artisan' bread made by the recipe suggested by Lucy at Attic24 (which does take a while to make in advance) - a lovely fresh evening supper. One that I go back to time and time again. 
What quick and easy meals do you use? I could do with some suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment