Saturday 28 June 2014

Things that made me smile this week…..

…. seeing this little baby swallow in the nest inside the old kitchen of our house renovation project. Also, fingers and toes crossed, we have a builder to start the work soon - by then the swallow will have fledged so it will not be disturbed.

……. Beanie and me conquering a different fell - Brownthwaite near Casterton. A lovely walk in the early evening, when it was a little cooler.
…… this mass of yellow flowers lining the stream.
I'm not sure what they are, originally I thought they were marsh marigolds, but looking through my wild flower book I think they may be 'Monkeyflower' Mimnlus guttatus - anyone know?
….. visiting Woolfest at Cockermouth. I had a lovely day out mooching around all the stands and getting lots of inspiration - I was very self controlled and only bought a few little bits…...
……. this card by Riddlescraft really made me chuckle! I did buy an assortment of cards to send to various crafty friends!
…….. patchwork fields,
……. watching the sun go down across the valley.
Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely moments from your week Jilly! I love the card, it is so very true for lots of us crafters isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete