Saturday 31 May 2014

Things that made me smile this week ….

…. watching my knitting grow - which I started on holiday. I've now finished the body, and will start the sleeves. I've not made a sweater worked in one piece before - so I'm on a learning curve!
…. visiting C in Oxford last weekend and watching people messing about on the river,
 and just wandering around the city being a tourist! Sunday was such a lovely warm and sunny day.
M came to join us on the Bank Holiday Monday - it rained, no it poured all day, so we went to the Pit Rivers Museum and the University Museum of Natural History - both were very busy, but really interesting.
 
….. picking flowers from the garden to add to a few freesias
….. cooking for friends - mmmm parmigiano, one of my favourites
 with red peppers stuffed with baby tomatoes, garlic and basil - all ready to be cooked
 …. tidying in the garden and finding a toad!
Hope you are having a good weekend

6 comments:

  1. Lots of things to make you smile. I lived in Oxford for 35 years and The Natural History Museum was my very favourite place.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum was just the thing for a wet bank holiday Monday! Last time we went, it was closed as the roof was being renovated - but now is open again in all its glory, such a lovely building. I really like the Pit Rivers Museum as well - just jammed packed full of artefacts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely smiles! That dinner looks so good!! I wish that it was time to eat again already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jilly
    lovely smiles from your week!!!
    the dinner looks very delicious. the knitting project looks wonderful.,like the blue colour.the flowers from your garden are beautifuf.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jilly,
    Will be looking forward to seeing the finished jumper, sounds like an interesting way to make a jumper!
    Oh, I haven't been to Oxford for zillions of years it feels... not since I was living down that way...
    Thanks for sharing your photo's.
    Bye, Jay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice week....I love visiting Oxford too. Your knitting looks lovely and the meal looks really delicious!
    Hope all is going well on the renovations, and you have lots of happy things this week too.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete