Saturday 24 May 2014

Making my Yarndale Mandala Wheel

Oh, I have had fun making my Mandala wheel to send to Lucy at Attic 24 for the installation she is putting together for the Yarndale festival. As I have only just begun to get my head around crochet, I was extremely please with the way my effort has turned out!


I have been looking at all the gorgeous Mandala wheels that people have made already on the pinterest page, and there are some beautiful patterns in a host of different colours. I decided to try the Mandala wheel pattern made especially by Zooty Owl for this project. Then I had fun choosing the colours - I got out my (limited) supply of cotton yarn and decided that I wanted to make my sunny flower mandala wheel with bright yellows, reds and oranges - so had to take a little trip to the wool shop to pick up a couple of new colours.

The pattern was fairly straight forward to follow - even with my limited skill - although I am getting more used to pattern reading now. The yellow petal round was the most difficult for me to get right, but I got there in the end….
…. then added the lovely green, and one of my new purchases the bright orange, followed by the touch of white and the soft brown….

…. followed by touches of red and finishing off with the yellow!
Ta dah……. my sunny flower Mandala for Yarndale
I now just need to PVA the reverse side as requested, to give the mandala strength as it will be hung on a wall, and then get it sent off to Lucy.

A great project to get involved with, and I am really looking forward to visiting Yarndale again this year in September.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jilly! I like your colour combination too! I have made mine, but I need to PVA it, must get it done this weekend really. I hope that you get to go and visit your Mandala on display! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Jilly. Love the colours you've used! just sent mine off.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete