Monday 31 March 2014

Things that made me smile this week….

New life, a Zwartble lamb born on my friends farm. Such a cute little thing - and proud mother!
The chickens having a grand stand view of the lambs and cows.
Work on the house renovation - this is the shed at the bottom of the garden which we have been taking down, it will be built again slightly larger as a store and 'craft room' !!! However it will be the site office for the build to begin with.

Slates taken down carefully and stacked for reuse later.
The other renovation project, running in parallel- learning to crochet.  Still playing around with patterns, and trying to get my tension right (quite slate like colours) ….
 ….and my socks - still on the go (slow going) one now finished apart from the kirchner stitch, and the other just down to the heel turn.
 This little stile and gate on one of my walks - so tiny….
 …..and lovely primroses in the lanes
 Its a lovely spring day today, I must get out in the greenhouse and get planting seeds.

6 comments:

  1. The colours that you are playing around with are definitely slatey colours! They look lovely together. Hope that the building work goes well, we will be looking forward to seeing your new craft studio in due course! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the craft room too, but it will be a while off yet - probably take me as long to make my crochet blanket!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jilly, good to see you are back blogging... must read your travel log properly, just whizzed into see what you have been up to and saw a few entries.... This one, must say I L-O-V-E the photo of the chickens, really made me smile :o)
    J X The Sewing Wren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens always make me smile - can't wait to get some again once we get settled.

      Delete
  3. Love the slatey coloured crochet squares x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only when I saw the two photos together that I realised the colours were so close!

      Delete