Thursday 17 October 2013

'Jamaica Inn'

Great excitement here in my local town. The market square is being used as a film set for a production of 'Jamaica Inn'. The details about the production are here if you are interested, but below are some shots I took yesterday during a rehearsal - there seemed to be a lot of standing around going on! I think they are also filming around the church and by our famous little bridge 'Devil's Bridge' as well.

It was great to be able to get up close to the set, these fabric stalls are just in the background but I loved all the detail.
This one below is selling lace and ribbon
It was cold and overcast yesterday, so the horses had their blankets on until everything started
Just waiting......

Then action ..... as a rehearsal with the cameras started (hope they take the TV aerials out!)
I must re-read the book now.

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing watching filming isn't it. It's very interesting, but amazing how much time they spend standing around and then they film the same thing again and again! Will have to look out for this film though, and then we can all say - I saw that being filmed on Jilly's blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how many people were there watching as well - all good humoured standing around in the cold! I just loved all the detail that went into the set, and I bet its only for a very short scene. It was fascinating watching it all, and I bet the coffee shops did a good trade! Jilly x

      Delete
  2. Daphne Du Maurier is one of my favourite authors. Looks like fun. I'll have to look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I've just read up on Jamaica Inn, quite a gruesome story even with its lace stalls!

    ReplyDelete