Friday 11 October 2013

I went to Yarndale!

I went to Yarndale - Yarndale is all true and not just a dream! The Yarndale team did a magnificent job and deserve all the praise and kind words that have been written on many many blogs.  I had a fantastic day.  I had a day out on my own, but everyone was so willing to chat and the stall holders were so free with their time and expertise that I really just got caught up in the moment! I know there are lots of photographs of Yarndale, but I wanted to record my own as well.







I did take time in the middle of the day to walk across the park and into town. It was such a lovely sunny afternoon, and I enjoyed my stroll looking at the yarn bombing in the park. I made my way along the canal and went to visit 'The Studio', and met lovely Tracy from Patchwork Chickens and saw the studio that she shares with Lucy from Attic 24







I did purchase a few goodies - I was very good as I could have bought far more :-) I went for this lovely hand dyed marino 4ply and some needles and hope to be making this lovely jumper - but not for a while as I have another on my to do list first. The lady on the stand was great and gave me some good advice as she had knitted the same jumper!

A grand day out!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a little more Yarndale - I do love those ducks and the hanging balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sorry to hear that the mummy duck was taken :-( but the whole weekend was brilliant!
      Jilly

      Delete
  2. Great to see some more of Yarndale. Spotted one of my bunting contributions in your pics. Wish I could have gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, well spotted! You were there in spirit!
      Jilly

      Delete