Sunday 30 October 2011

My first post and wedding bows!

Wow, it has taken me a long time to get to this point. I have been thinking about making a blog for a while, just to keep a record of things that happen as a family, things that I do and things that I make.

So, my first post is about a family wedding. Recently my niece H was married to S. We all had a fantastic day, it was a bright sunny day with a lovely blue sky - just the day for an autumn wedding. Autumn was the theme that pulled the wedding together, and I was delighted to be asked to make the bows for the Church pews.

I decided to use my new felting skills and make oak leaves and acorns as the centre to the bows. I dry felted the acorns, which took a while as I had quite a few to make! I then had various goes at making the oak leaves, trying to get the felt colours looking autumnal.

The bows themselves were made up of several layers, at the back ivory tulle, then cream coloured hessian material, followed by a red wired edge organza ribbon that matched the bridesmaid dresses.  I used the oak leaves and acorns in the centre for half the bows and ears of wheat for the others.





Such a lovely day was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment