Thursday 16 April 2015

Spring on the farm.

We are so lucky where we live at the moment, and I will dearly miss this area when we move later in the year. We live on a working farm in a little cottage. We are not farmers, but we get to see the farming year at first hand, and I love this time of year when the young animals are born. A couple of days ago, we had a new foal born in the field behind our house…. just soooo cute!



Also we have lots of new lambs all around us.  Just look at the little triplets below, born on my friends farm just down the lane. 
 
I love to go and help bottle feed the orphans, and see how they grow. 


On a recent dog walk, Clara and I came across a muddy puddle full of frogspawn. 
We went back a couple of days later on another walk, and there were lots of tadpoles. We are hoping that the tadpoles grow up quickly before the puddle dries up!
The lanes are full of lovely spring flowers and the hedges and trees are beginning to bud and the leaves are coming out!
I love this time of year….. time to bring out my 'Spring' quilt again.

Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

  1. It is so lovely to see what is going on in the natural world isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete