Friday 27 March 2015

A spectacular sight….

as we were driving south on the M6 near Shap in Cumbria. We had been working on the house renovation project (which seems to be taking up all our time at the moment) and were on our way home.  Groups of birds came flying in from all directions and formed a huge murmuration. We were just near the motorway junction so pulled off to watch the display. It was absolutely fascinating and mesmerising. I don't think I had actually seen such a display before, it lasted well over half an hour and then suddenly all the birds disappeared! 






Fascinating!
A bit of a catch up post next - the house, the seaside, and a little progress on the crafty front!

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating indeed!! Good luck with the house! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've always wanted to see a murmuration (I think that's what it's called). Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I actually took the photos on my phone camera! It really was quite special.
      Jilly

      Delete