Tuesday 15 April 2014

Crochet catch up and a sunny walk

A little update on my crochet endeavours. I'm really getting my confidence now and trying out new patterns. I saw this pattern on The Sewing Wren, where Jay had used the blocks to make a little bird - go have a look it is really cute. I just thought I would see if I could manage to make this African flower hexagon pattern, and I'm so pleased with my success!

I'm still enjoying making the other squares for a blanket and the pile is slowly growing - just picking up the yarn and hook when I have time.
The weather has been so wonderfully warm these last few days I've been trying to get out in the garden and out and about with our dog. We have had a couple of lovely walks on a nearby fell. The larch trees are looking a lovely fresh green as they start to get their new needles.
We had some very inquisitive sheep watching us on our upward climb...
 It was just so nice being out in the sunshine, with the curlews calling and hearing the bees buzzing - there did seem to be a lot of bees around for some reason. I'm not sure what this little bird is, but we got very close before it flew away.
….and then finally at the top, where the walking is much easier. Beanie must have traveled miles, far further than I had walked. He just loves to run and run, and I love to see his ears flapping as he goes - once the bracken starts to grow you only see his head and ears appearing every so often as he runs.
He always makes it to the top before me!
This photo is for M as she is missing her dog now she is living away.
Then back down again from the top, looking into the valley towards the village of Barbon.
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine too, or having warm autumnal days if you are in the southern hemisphere!

6 comments:

  1. Your crochet is lovely, I really like your granny circles in a square, I haven't see that design before and it is very pretty! Great views on your walk!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. The crochet squares are fun at the moment - but I've a long way to go….

      Delete
  2. I've popped over to the sewing wren's blog and love her bluebird and I'm sure you'll be able to make one. Your blocks are coming along nicely for your blanket. Looks like you and Beanie had a lovely walk - beautiful views and photos. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping bye Liz. The walk was great, just so nice now the weather has picked up.

      Delete
  3. Jilly.... can't tell you how delighted I am that you have mentioned me on you blog.... totally thrilled to bits!
    HUGE THANKYOU! Jay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jay, I really enjoy your blog x

      Delete