Sunday 11 August 2013

View from my window - July

I know, I get later and later adding my photos - but this past few weeks have been very busy with Graduations, holidays, visits, exhibitions etc etc. I've hardly been at home, so here are a few photos of July through my window, and I will do a catch up on everything in the next few posts.

The month started on a wet note, only for a day or so but the hills were very misty and cloudy. Then came all the lovely fine weather so the farmers could get their hay cut and stored (see previous post).

Below, the hay in the fields beyond the barn has been cut and is drying off in the sun. This time of year there is always a buzz of activity with tractors and bailers working well into the evenings getting everything done. Luckily I've not met a bailer whilst driving in the lane this year as that means a long backing job for me along a single track lane!
 Beautiful blue sky and really hot sunshine for most of the month.
I love the patchwork shades of green in the fields as you look across the valley, forever changing colour as the grass grows.
After the hay, the sheep are gathered from the fell and brought down for shearing. I was away this year so missed wrapping the fleeces on my friends farm.




No comments:

Post a Comment