Friday 3 May 2013

Lunch with friends

Each month, or depending how busy people are every couple of months, a group of friends get together for lunch. We all used to work together in the same office, but when our Department was closed we all went different ways - some moved into different Departments, others moved jobs or became self employed, I retired - but we have kept a close bond and it is so nice to get together for a catch up and we all value each others continued friendship.
Sometimes we go to a cafe or a garden centre for lunch, but the last few occasions we have gone to someones home and we have each taken some food along - a 'Jacobs join'. 
Today, I remembered to take my camera so I could capture the feast. We never really discuss what food we will bring along, but it's amazing how well it always fits together - I suppose it's years of working along side each other. Good food and good company, such a lovely way to spend an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment