Monday 18 March 2013

Birthday, screen printing and knitting

These past few weeks have flown by! I just don't know where the time has gone....
... but I have been rather busy making a present for C. She recently celebrated her 21st birthday, so I was beavering away finishing her present -  hmm only had 21 years to make it!!  A card also made from some of my Laura Ashly scraps.
Of course there was cake - I made this cake for her 6th birthday and it has always been her favourite, so thought I would make it again - she and her house mates loved it! We spent the weekend with her which was a real treat. We ate lots of lovely food and had a great evening with her and her friends when we took them out for a meal. It was just a flying visit as they are all so busy with deadlines for the end of term.

At my screen printing course I decided this term I would concentrate on making some simple repeated patterns. I would then combine them and make samples of printed material that I can use for patchwork or sewing. I made five simple designs and have mixed some lovely colours to use when printing. I tried out some of the patterns on white cotton last week, and this week will use some linen and coloured cotton. Its all a bit experimental at the moment.




I have also been knitting socks for C. When she came home a few weeks ago she saw some wool she liked and asked if I would knit her a pair. Again using Regia wool - I just love how the pattern appears  - it makes me smile :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment