Tuesday 19 February 2013

Spring Quilt

I had great fun making this quilt, but would never have attempted anything like this without seeing all the other really lovely 'scrappy trip along quilts' out there in blogland - they really inspired me to have a go!
Today has been such a lovely sunny spring day to take photos of it hanging on the washing line in the garden. It will be called my 'Spring Quilt' because of all the yellow and spring green fabrics, but hopefully it will get good use in the summer for picnics and generally lazing on in the garden.
I kept it really scrappy, my only rule was that no two fabrics should meet at the corners of the blocks when joined, and I think I managed to keep to that. 

It is backed with a pale green fabric which has little stars all over it and the binding is a spotty brown fabric.
I hope your day has been sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment