Thursday 24 January 2013

Scrappy Trip Along Quilt

...well, I thought I would join in and have a go at making this quilt. I have seen so many lovely scrappy trip quilts out there in blog land, all looking so very different and all using very different fabric. It looked fun to try and would be a bit different from my usual large squares.

I had a good look through my fabric and found that I had lots of green fabric of differing shades that would go with some yellows and orange and some brown. Quite a fresh spring like combination to help brighten up the drab days we have been having.

So I have been busy cutting out the strips...




...and have made 16 blocks so far, with a further 8 blocks that are at the stage of just having the strips sewn together. I'm quite enjoying seeing the random pattern that is emerging when I lay the blocks out. I think I am aiming for 36 blocks in total - but making the blocks is quite addictive so it could become a big quilt! It will take me a while to complete, but I'm in no rush.



I've also been working on my socks and am now just at the toe decreasing stage. For this pair I have used a very small circular needle, normally I use double ended needles. I have found the circular needle great for the long stretches from the cuff to the heel and on the foot - but I had to swap to the double end needles when turning the heel and I will change again for the toe. So the first foot is nearly finished!


I'm also so looking forward to my Amaryllis flowering - it's almost there!  The bulb was a gift last Christmas and it had two beautiful blooms last year. I've looked after it all year and have watched it shoot up again this year - hopefully tomorrow it will flower again.


I'm out tonight at my screen printing course - so looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment