Wednesday 19 December 2012

Screen printing update

Just a quick update from my screen printing on fabric course. We have now finished for the Xmas break, but unfortunately I didn't quite get as far as I wanted to. The plan was to print linen tea towels as xmas gifts for family and friends, but the whole process has taken longer than I imagined, or what I wanted to do was a little more complicated than my beginner ability!

I needed to order a second screen or lose the first images I had made, so that took a week. Then, when I put the photo emulsion on I couldn't have done it quite right, as when I washed the screen after adding the image, part of the image washed away - so I had to clean the whole screen and start again.

However, during the last session I did manage to print the base elephant and get the overlaying image printed onto it.... ta dah!!!! My purple elephant.



Bit of a smudge and not quite aligned, but hey, I'm pleased with my first attempts and can't wait for next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment