Friday 12 October 2012

Bramble Jam

I really thought I had missed jam making this year as the wild fruit has been so poor and I only managed to collect enough berries to make a  crumble.

However, out with the dog, I've been gathering a few berries here and there on each walk. Then, when back at home I've been putting them in the freezer and have collected enough to make some Jam! Not a lot, as I only had 3lb's of fruit, but enough to be able to have that lovely tangy blackberry flavour on my tongue when I have toast... mmmmm









Today has been lovely, the sun has been shining and Beanie and I have been out foraging again and managed to collect a few more berries, although I think it will be the last for this year. There is definitely an autumn feel in the air now, and we have had a couple of light frosts in the mornings.






I was so surprised to see a late lamb today!
Back to the blackberries ... there are always some that you can see that are just too far out of reach. There was a lot of fruit on this patch but I think they will be left for the birds!


Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment