Thursday 13 June 2013

Little and large socks!

What do you do with all those little bits of wool left over from knitting socks? I have quite a lot of bits and pieces in my knitting box. A friend has used her odd bits from socks and scarfs to make a blanket - but I don't have that much wool yet! I knitted this pair back in February, I didn't keep them for myself, but gave them to my niece for her birthday. Then a thought struck me that I could use the wool left over to make a matching pair for her baby daughter!!


I searched for a pattern and found one that I thought would fit the bill.  This pattern on Ravelry is free, see here - I went for this one as it has different sizes by age, and I wanted to knit for 6 - 9 months, as little M is now 7 months.
First one finished, along side a pair I was also knitting for C which I started back in March and now also finished. The baby socks are just so quick to do. I took them along to my knit and natter group, and everyone loved them, as they are kinda cute :-)
The pair are complete and have been given to baby M, and her mum has just sent me a few photo's of her wearing them (and sitting on the play mat I made for her when she was born)......


.... also a picture of the little and large socks together!



No comments:

Post a Comment